After a week in the Phillipines, one tends to ask herself (upon return to 4 degrees Celcius/ 40 F), Why AM I living in a place with a winter? Leaving the question unanswered, here are my pictures, videos and comments on an amazing trip to see a good friend and spend quality time on the beach in the Phillipines.
Facts: The Phillipine Islands is a nation comprised of over 7,000 islands. They are a catholic country and the Pilipinos are friendly and very "island" minded. The are located in Southeast Asia in the Pacific Ocean above Indonesia and about the same lattitute as Thailand, Hawaii and Southern Mexico/Central America.

I really enjoyed their hospitality, the fact I can speak English to them, read lables, menus and street signs, and get to experience a week as an expat in their world. (Is that an oxymoron?)
Upon arrival in Manila, the capital of the Philippines, Maura (a good friend and classmate at the Universidad de Santiago de Compostela in Galicia, Spain) showed me her amazing apartment and we dropped my things to head off to the Saturday market. This girl knows my style!
Manila is a lively city with a lot of knooks and crannies. After the market, we spent the weekend eating and enjoying the night scene. Here we are on our way home from dinner at OneB - an amazing dinner!
After the weekend, I spent a day in Maura´s Spanish classes with her then headed off to Boracay, one of the Phillippines most famous and beautiful islands. I met my neighbor and good friend, Liz, there. She had already scouted out a few restaurants and the fun things to do. Here are some pics from the beach!!
island transportation- aka taxi liz and my little beachside hostel. the view as I landed in Boracay
Liz and I had a blast eating, drinking, snorkling, sunbathing, boating, motorbiking and vacationing around the island... the place is paradise!
No comments:
Post a Comment