Since coming back to South Korea from Christmas Break, everything has moved pretty quickly. School didn´t take long to get into full swing and that is always (of course) where I spend most of my time. However, I have managed to fit several other events in along the way:
1. My cheerleaders went to the KAIAC (Korean International School Conference) cheer competition in a city called Taegu on the US Base, crazily enough called Fort Henry. I got a kick out of that. We took a bus, stayed in a hotel and came back the next day.


It was very scary and has motivated me to seriously consider hosting a coaches training session in the fall before school starts or have a session at one of our Korean International School teachers´conferences. Its quite dangerous the trick some of the teams throw and I feel the need to share the love and respect for the sport by teaching the coa
ches how to keep their athletes SAFE!
However, my girls have im
proved incredibly this year and it was fun to watch them. More next year!
2. I have had several fun outings with friends.... including Pirate night: Here´s me and Liz. (I was at cheer all day so I didn´t have a costume.)
Chinese New Year skiing in Yong Pyong ski resort. It snowed the first day skiing and it looked like Narnia. Amazingly beautiful. Our condo overlooked the mountain AND I mad my first trip down a Black Diamond hill- scary yet fun. I only had one bad wipeout... all in all: success!

I learned how to read Hangul (Korean) and practice all the time with the help of taxi drivers...
I visited a Jimjilbong. They are similar to Arab Hammams but they aren´t old. Very clean, very relaxing and an all around great experience. You go in and pay to enter the spa. They give you spa clothes and you change. Then, procede in and find your way to a hot jacuzi style pool or a cool water pool...in your birthday suit, mind you. You can pay extra for a scrub or massage and I assure you, it´s all worth it. This one looked borderline amusement park in the entrance and it was very fancy and Chinese looking on the inside. You can spend as much time as you like while you are there for a little under $10.

This is Dragon Hill on the outside. Here is the website- it´s all in Korean but you can click around to see!

I revisited Deoksugung Palace. Very beautiful but much better when everything is alive and blossoming.
In a recent trip to Insa-dong, I made it a point to stop by the Dragon´s Beard stand... These guys are soooo entertaining and the candy is very sweet (honey stretched with corn starch and filled with sesame seeds or peanuts.... pretty yummy and very messy. One of my favorites. Check out the video by clicking the link.

Aaaaand, I saw the amazing Incan exibit at the Korean National Museum. It was fabulous! Fully equipped with a Señor de Sipán, many Tumi knives (for sacrifices), THREE Quipus (the Incan writing system made of knots on rope) and 4 mummies- a woman, baby, monkey and dog. Here I am in front of the museum... I really would like to have a poster for my room... I will be contacting the museum to see what they do with all of them when it´s over.
Thats all for me for now! Keep in touch all!
No comments:
Post a Comment