Saturday, August 21, 2010

From one wedding to the next!

That´s right... I travelled three continents within a week and a half (including 5 countries) and I won´t add the time changes from Seoul, South Korea to Iowa on Wednesday, Iowa to Santiago de Compostela, Spain on Sunday morning after Heidi´s wedding and then on a plane again Friday to Tina Walston´s French wedding in Fontainebleau, France. But it was all worth it- every penny spent and hour in transit.
It was wonderful to see my good friend and former ISU cheer teammate get married in a quaint and unique French-American hybrid wedding. Tina was beautiful as always and I had an amazing time meeting her French friends chatting at the Ruby table over a beautiful French dinner. I took Gabriel as my date and between French, English and Spanish, we all managed to have an amazing time.
A special thanks goes out
to Tina, Olivier and their family for making our stay in Founainebeau a weekend I will never forget.
The streets in Fountainebleau, France. Fountainebleau lies about an hour southeast of Paris by train.
Speaking of trains, here I am in the right line after a LONG search for the ABC counters. Can you find the A and B? Good luck!!! Gabriel and I walked by several times without seeing it. We missed our train and got to the hotel after check in hours... Good thing my French is amazing (hahah!). Don´t worry, we made it and got checked in.
My hottie date, Gabriel. He was great... even though he doesn´t speak English or French. We made it though the weekend with our bellies full, hearts happy (Panza llena, corazón conento) and new French friends for the Facebook!
My beautiful friend Tina. She was stunning!!!
Gabi found Uruguay at the top of th Eiffel Tower. Turns out Uruguay is about as far away as any place on earth from Paris. He also found a metro stop IN HIS NAME! on our way to the city center for some evening strolls and sight seeing. Here´s me and the Eiffel and Gabi and the Notre Dame.
The last time I saw Notre Dame, she was under scaffolding. Needless to say this visit was much more beautiful. The inside is very grandios and LARGE. About half way through our tour, the organ started playing very dark, barroque music. We had a laugh thinking about what it must have been like back in the days of hated monarchs and guillotine slicings in the plaza outside... accompanied by the dramatic tunes blasting the cathedral.
I can´t wait to go back to France.... maybe someday I will spend more than a weekend.

1 comment: