So, closing out 2009 back in the States was amazing. I have missed my family and friends so much; it was great to spend time with them.
After a long flight from Korea, I spent three days with my little brother in Phoenix. The weather was amazing and I got to see Rudy!! We shopped and ate and I bought a Mexican ceramic sink and 4 ft mirror for a future home. I wish I had a picture because I am starting to get anxious about having a place to put all this great stuff I keep accumulating around the world!
I had Salvadorian food with AMAZING Victoria Emperatriz and her wonderful husband, Marc. Sushi was Rudy and Mitch, the best Mexican food north of the border, and a variety of other palette pleasing yum yums.
Flight to Omaha: Got to see my good friend Kelsey and send her (very) belated Wedding wishes. She was married to a great man, Scott, this summer. They had a small, beautiful wedding in Omaha and now have a very cute house that is well on it´s way to being a personal, ¨kelsey¨-like home. It´s very nice. This picture is from last summer, but it´s still cute of the two of us.

It was a long drive to Emmetsburg (my hometown) with Mitch and I stopping for a snack, then gas, then a restroom break along the way. Just as we pulled in to our driveway, the weather was getting bad. My mom greeted me at the door with a big hug! SOOOOOOO good to be home. I parked in the basement and began an amazing week at home: doing a little more than nothing and sleeping in. what a vacation!
Christmas Eve brought heavy weather and according to my mother, ¨The worst blizzard since 1983¨(the blizzard I was born in). Being a snow freak, I was delighted to make a snowman in the front lawn, build a 7 person snowfort at the Handeland´s, make gingerbread houses with Meghan and go sledding for old times´sake. It was amazing.
I shared my birthday with my Eburg friends! I love NEVER having to work on my birthday. What a great present!
Matthew and I: I think it´s official- my baby brother has finally grown up!
The kids: Matt, Mitch, Me, Meghan and Tony- plus Jack, Frosty and KC. This was Christmas Eve!
Sledding.
The kids: Matt, Mitch, Me, Meghan and Tony- plus Jack, Frosty and KC. This was Christmas Eve!
Sledding.
My birthday with Holly and Brett.

On to Memphis to visit one of the best people in the world: Tegan Reeves. I arrived on New Year´s Eve and stayed with Tegan for about a week relaxing in Memphis. We have seen Graceland (Elvis´home) and the Civil Rights Museum. We did Beale Street TWICE and I got to see an old friend, Phong Siriboun.... a former Cheley Cat.
New Year´s Eve:
Tegan and Me. Tegan gets married in Vegas on 10-10-10.

Phong and I on Beale St. Live Blues music in Memphis... fun times.
As the vacation winds down, I am a little sad to see it go but have worked NONE (almost none) and slept in every single day but one! I will be ready to see my friends in Seoul and get back to the kids... I´m sure they have forgotten just as much as I have so a good strong review will be taking place as we prepare for the end of the semester....
More later folks, visit my facebook for vacation pics... here are a few highlights. Keep in touch!

Meg---I loved reading your blog so far! I am traveling through you! ;) I look forward to more!
ReplyDelete